Despite the fact that Pooja Bhatia’s Innovation and Technology Transfer Office (i-TTO) opened in March 2020, just before COVID-19 lockdowns came into effect in India, her and her all-women team have managed to achieve an incredible amount during the past year and a half.
In today’s episode, Pooja, the Chief Manager of the i-TTO at the Foundation of Innovation and Technology (FIT) in Delhi, joins me for a discussion about how India’s approach to technology transfer has changed over the years, and how her office is contributing to making sure that change is well structure and positive.
You will hear about the technologies that the i-TTO has sponsored, the webinars they have held, and the programs they have created to promote women entrepreneurship. Pooja also shares the two factors that she believes are critical to the success of technology transfer, the value she sees in being part of technology transfer focused organizations, and her three wishes for the i-TTO’s future.
In This Episode:
- [00:50] An introduction to Pooja Bhatia, today’s guest.
- [02:26] Pooja explains the journey which led to her current position at the Innovation and Technology Transfer Office (i-TTO).
- [06:13] How technology transfer has been dealt with in India historically, and the shift that has recently taken place.
- [07:31] The purpose of the Foundation of Innovation and Technology (FIT) and the i-TTO.
- [10:20] How client acquisition works at the i-TTO.
- [11:12] Pooja explains how the i-TTO is structured.
- [12:53] The two different sets of metrics that the i-TTO uses to measure their performance.
- [15:22] Institutions that the i-TTO is currently working with.
- [17:03] How the i-TTO fulfils their mandate to increase capacity building.
- [18:30] Pooja shares some details about one of the 65+ webinars that the i-TTO held in 2020, and some of their ideas for future webinars.
- [19:57] Differences between technology transfer in India and technology transfer in the USA and Europe.
- [22:03] Factors that Pooja believes are key to success in the technology transfer field.
- [23:50] Some of the i-TTO’s achievements over the past year and a half.
- [26:24] The biggest challenge that the i-TTO is currently being faced with, and the opportunities they have found despite this.
- [28:00] Programs that the i-TTO runs which are focused on enhancing diversity.
- [30:36] Organizations that Pooja and her team members are involved with, and the value that she sees in being a part of these organizations.
- [31:52] Pooja shares her thoughts on the importance of credentialing.
- [33:09] Three wishes that Pooja has for the i-TTO.